Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Top 50 Songs of the Decade

So disgusted was I at NME’s Top Songs of the Decades list that I felt I had to rectify the unspeakable, gross injustices perpetuated by that devilrag, and make my very own Top Songs of the Decade list.

Because the years from 2000-2009 did not constitute a remarkably great musical decade (that is, George Michael released no new musical masterpieces), I had to split the Top 50 list into 3 sub-sections. There are the Truly Awesome Songs (of which there is 10), a second tier of Pretty Awesome Songs, and last, and definitely least, the Pretty Catchy Songs. To insist that they are real music is to insult the Opera Gods, but they are still, indeed, pretty catchy. And because not condemning those who are evil is an evil in itself, I have compiled a Worst 'Musicians' of the Decade List.

Remakes, releases or remixes are not included on this list. I know, you all were expecting to see "Mandy" by Westlife at #1, but sadly that is not to be the case. I know there will also be those of you who are frankly quite bewildered as to why "Flying Without Wings" is not the list. Relax, the song was released before the new millenium.



The 10 Truly Awesome Songs of the Decade
1) This Year's Love- David Gray 1
2) Babylon- David Gray 2
3) Queen of my Heart- Westlife
3) Do You Remember- Jay Sean
4) Lose Yourself- Eminem
5) Rehab- Amy Winehouse
6) You Rock My World- Michael Jackson
7) No Such Thing- John Mayer
8) Landslide- The Dixie Chicks
9) Empire State of Mind- Jay-Z plus Alicia Keys
10) Landslide- The Dixie Chicks


The 18 Pretty Awesome Songs of the Decade
11) From The Bottom of My Broken Heart- Britney Spears
12) Don't Know What To Do- Dane Rumble
13) Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical Romance
14) Stop and Stare- One Republic
15) The Way I Am- Eminem
16) Stan- Eminem
17) I Don't Care- Fall Out Boy
18) I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
19) Apologize- One Republic
20) Always Be Here- Dane Rumble
21) Sing for the Moment- Eminem
22) We Belong Together- Mariah Carey
23) Just Breathe- Ana Nalic
24) Ignition (Remix)- R. Kelly
25) I Believe in a Thing Called Love- The Darkness
26) All On Our Own- Midnight Youth
27) Cleanin' Out My Closet- Eminem
28) The Real Slim Shady- Eminem


The 22 Pretty Catchy Songs of the Decade (Alphabetical by Artist)
50 Cent- In Da Club
Atomic Kitten Eternal Flame
Atomic Kitten Whole Again
Black Eyed Peas, The- I Gotta Feeling
Black Eyed Peas, The- Where Is The Love
Cyrus, Miley- See You Again
Flo Rida- Low
Gaga, Lady- Just Dance
Hill, Faith- There You'll Be
Jay-Z plus Kanye West & Rihanna- Run This Town
Lovato, Demi plus Jonas, Joe- This is Real
Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland- Dilemma
Nelly- Hot in Herre
OutKast- Hey Ya
Pussycat Dolls, The- Don't Cha
Rascal, Dizzee- Holiday
Rihanna- Russian Roulette
Rihanna - Umbrella
Rock, Kid- All Summer Long
Scissor Sisters, The- I Don't Feel Like Dancin
Shaggy- Angel
Shaggy- It Wasn't Me

The Worst 'Musicians' of the Decade
Beyonce Knowles
Ke$ha
Nickelback

No comments:

Post a Comment